How To Manage Your Webmail Settings
You can change your email settings in webmail. To change your settings, logging into webmail. Then go to the hambuger icon ( ) next to your email address in the upper right corner of your browser. In Settings, you can adjust several preferences.
- General Settings - Manage preferences (Email Options, Calendar, Lanuage & Date/Time) from within Webmail
- Composing Email - Set preferences (Composing, Identity, Signatures) while composing email within Webmail
- Incoming Email - Set preferences (Auto-Reply, Forwarding, Filtering) for all incoming email.
- Spam Settings - Set preferences (Spam Filtering, Safelist, Blocklist) for all incoming email.
- Security - Password recovery options. (more details below)
In order to recover your password it's important to set up a recovery phone # or authentication app on your phone. To change your settings, logging into webmail. Go to the Security tab, and the toggle the Password Recovery setting to On.
If you are looking to change your password but have not set-up password reovery, you will need to call us at (802) 229-4149.
The password recovery options are:
- Add a recovery phone # for SMS text message. Select the "Get A Text Message" and then add your cell phone number. A security code will be sent to you via text. Enter that code into the field that appears after submitting your phone number. Once the code it verified, your password recovery is set up.
- Use an authentication app on your phone. Follow the instructions for installing an authenication app on your smart phone of tablet. Once installed, open that app and add an authenication by scanning the QR Code or mannualy enter the Secret Key. Next, Enter that code from the app into the Verification Code field. Once the code it verified, your password recovery is set up.